This week I decided to share a healthy dinner recipe since it’s been a while! So what’s on the menu? It’s a miso ginger chicken and broccoli stir-fry! And guess what? It only requires a few ingredients, so it’s very easy to make. No headaches with this dinner recipe!
But a few things first…
For this wonderfully flavorful miso ginger chicken and broccoli stir-fry, you’re gonna need to blanch the broccoli. For those of you who don’t know, blanching is a cooking technique where you soak vegetables in an ice bath after giving them a quick cook in boiling water. This process helps to preserve a vegetable’s color and to keep it tender for eating. Which makes blanching a perfect cooking method for something like stir-fry!
In this recipe, you’ll need to boil the broccoli for about 3-5 minutes before dipping them in ice-cold water. Oh, and because I didn’t mention it before, the purpose of this ice bath is to stop the cooking process. We don’t want our broccoli to turn to mush while we’re cooking the chicken and rice!
This blog post contains affiliate links, and I may earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Full disclaimer here.
Now, whenever I’m cooking a stir-fry, I like to make it in a wok, as opposed to a regular frying pan. Not only does it make you feel like a pro in the kitchen, but it’s also a great vessel for stir-frying. Woks heat up more evenly and require less oil for cooking because of their nonstick surface.
A pre-seasoned wok like the Imusa USA Cast Iron Wok I used for this recipe is great because you don’t have to treat it yourself. The fewer extra steps for me, the better!
To make things even easier, for this recipe I used a Miso Ginger Vinaigrette from Wegmans. That means I didn’t have to spend extra time making a sauce too. If you don’t have a Wegmans near you, you can get it on Amazon or try to find a comparable sauce elsewhere (but I can’t guarantee it’ll have the same amazing flavor as this version!).
Got all that? Great! Let’s get cooking!
2 medium chicken breasts
1 cup white or brown rice
2 heads of broccoli
2 stalks of celery
A bundle of scallions, the whites and greens chopped and separated
3-4 tbsp Wegmans Miso Ginger Vinaigrette (plus extra to drizzle over top of your bowl)
Salt & pepper to season chicken
1/4 tsp garlic powder + another 1/4 tsp (for later)
1/4 tsp onion powder + another 1/4 tsp (for later)
1. Chop up all your veggies (broccoli, celery, scallions).
2. Boil water for rice (white or brown–your choice!) and cook according to package directions.
3. Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes. Season with salt, pepper, ¼ tsp garlic powder, and ¼ tsp onion powder.
4. Heat another pot of water for the broccoli. Once boiling, add broccoli and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Dump broccoli into an ice bath (which you should prepare as the water is heating up).
5. Heat up wok on medium-high heat and add a touch of oil. Cook chicken until white throughout and no pink remains. Remove from wok and set aside to rest.
6. Toss celery and whites of scallions into the wok and cook for 4-5 minutes to soften.
7. Add a touch more oil to the wok and stir in the cooked rice. Add another ¼ tsp garlic powder and ¼ tsp onion powder, along with another dash of salt and pepper. Cook on high heat for 2 minutes to lightly fry the rice.
8. Add broccoli and chicken to the wok, followed by 3-4 tbsp ginger miso vinaigrette. (You want a light coating of the sauce, so you may need more or less depending on the amount of food you have.)
9. Reduce heat to low. Let the stir-fry rest for another 2-3 minutes.
10. Serve with another drizzle of sauce and the scallion greens as a garnish. Eat up!
Let me know what you think of this ginger miso chicken and broccoli stir-fry! It’s been one of my favorite recipes for a long time. I absolutely love the flavor of the ginger miso vinaigrette as a sauce on this stir-fry. I haven’t made it in a while, so this was definitely a treat!
Want more recipes? Check ‘em out here!